About the Company – Blue Cross and Blue Shield:
Blue Cross and Blue Shield Insurance Company offers health insurance to more than 100 million people in America. The Company is an association, called Blue Cross Blue Shield Association (BCBSA) made out of a coalition of 39 different health insurance organizations in U.S.
Blue Cross Insurance Company emerged in the year 1929 and Blue Shield Insurance Company came into existence in 1939. Later, the Blue Cross Association came into being in 1960 and in some states the company is known as Anthem Medicare Insurance. In 1982, both the insurance companies – Blue Cross & Blue Shield merged that made the present association.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield Company’s headquarters is based in the Michigan Plaza Complex (Chicago, Illinois). Some special Blue branded health plans provided by Blue Cross and Blue Shield association comprise Blue Card, Blue Card Worldwide, BlueWorldwide Expat. These exclusive health insurance plans offer travel coverage to the insured in the country as well as worldwide. Blue Cross and Blue Shield affiliated companies are licensed to provide these Blue branded health insurance policies within specific areas.
The Federal Employee Program (FEP) offered by the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association apart from giving insurance that covers more than half of the federal government employees, provides an insurance cover also to the retired employees of the federal government and their families as well.
Blue Cross & Blue Shield Medicare Supplement Insurance Coverage:
Blue Cross and Blue Shield Insurance Company offers tremendous benefits with the liberty of choosing Supplemental insurance plans (Medigap) plans at the best prices. The Medicare supplements (Medigap plans) offered by Blue Cross & Blue Shield are categorized into:
- Budget conscious plans
- Premier coverage plans
- Medicare select option (Reduced Premium)
Benefits Received by the Members of Blue Cross and Blue Shield Insurance Company:
The Blue Cross & Blue Shield supplemental plans offer to the insured abundant benefits such as:
- Guaranteed Acceptance (no health inquiry done)
- Liberty of selecting any medical specialist
- Coverage for prescriptions and hospice coinsurance
- Special discount for members
- Excellent customer service
- Guaranteed renewability (in spite of any change in your health status)
- Insurance Coverage offered on travelling within or outside United States (Plans C, F and G offer coverage for foreign travel)
- In most of the insurance cases there are no claim forms
- Guaranteed insurance coverage to meet the changing Medicare expenses